Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My type of reckless...

I have a rebellious streak.
I realize people say this a lot. The same people who say this a lot also like to say "I know people say this a lot but I actually really do". So who am I? Really I could just be one of them. I know several people, including my Mother and the man I married who would tell you that I most definitely have one. After all I get it from my mother. But neither of them are here to confirm it. Honestly I don't really care if whoever reads this takes it seriously. I know I have a "problem". My rebellion though, it's usually just sort of weird. It's not the stereo-typical movie type rebellion. It's my own quirky form. I will oppose something just because people want me to agree for instance. Just because I find pleasure in even the smallest ways of going against the flow. There are a bunch of different ways I could explain it but it really doesn't matter and would probably just sound so bizarre. But the thing that I'm getting to, is it gets ridiculous. When I get restless, I get the desire to rebel. And let me tell you I am restless today. I'm annoying myself for goodness sake. So my desire to rebel is pretty strong. And the first and easiest thing I can think of is to dye my hair. There is a problem though...I'm sort of terrified to use a box dye on my hair. Salon you suggest? Well that would take more time than I'm patient enough to deal with right now. Oh and then there is the fact that I live in Japan now. JAPAN. Where people have straight smooth hair. Not super thick, crazy curly, rebellious hair. They won't know how to cut this, and my color. Oh lord I want to stay red. But with a language barrier, highly intimidating. Plus I've been researching, reading reviews, for the past several days. And it just isn't promising. Plus it's SO expensive. So I'm HIGHLY tempted to just run over to the store on my bike, pick a cute cheap box of color and go for it. I could do it tonight and potentially satisfy my desires to do something ANYTHING different. Or it could be a tragedy. I could be ruined.
Or I could just go dark....very dark.....

No comments:

Post a Comment