Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Momma's Girl

Over the past few days I have been noticing more and more little things about myself that remind me very much of my mother. I remember when I was much younger and my rebellious streak was aimed more towards my parents, I was convinced I was nothing like her. I get my rebellious streak from her. Ha! So here are some of the ways I have noticed recently that I am a lot like her.

The picture taking doesnt stop, I do it constantly.

I need an apron. Whenever I cook I later notice whatever I cooked somewhere on my clothing.

I don't know if it's Tampa's insane drivers or not, but I am becoming very verbally involved in my driving.

I absolutely love to give away food that I have made, especially baked goods. I have yet to try my hand at my mom's delicious chocolate chip banana muffins however.

I too want to adopt someday.

If Van Morrison starts playing, I have to sing.

And the thing I noticed and am most proud to say is:
I am becoming less and less concerned with the judgements others might make of me. My mom ALWAYS encouraged me to not care what negative things people might think of me, ESPECIALLY if they didnt know me. I was encouraged to just be me, if people didnt like that, SO WHAT?!

thanks Mom. <3

3 comments:

  1. I also like this one. :) It's a good thing to realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed this about myself when I moved out on my own. I too always told myself "I'll never be like her" and I still try to convince myself that I'm not, but I am. Just like her. In many ways. We are fortunate to have good moms to take after :)

    I love your blogs btw! I miss blogging. (I created this one just so I can comment on yours hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thanks CeCe, you should blog again!

    ReplyDelete