Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thoughts that come with misery...

Soooo, it's here. Every month since I was eleven it has happened. IT. the girly thing, the monthly unwelcome visitor, the period.
Now as you may be thinking, (if you are female that it is), "oh yeah I get it too, we all get it, deal with it.." yada yada. Well mine is special. Mine wakes me up at seven in the morning after keeping me up until one in the morning, with the lovely stabbing,punching,twisting sensation I get in my abdomen and if Im really having a good one in my lower back too. Oh and did I mention the leg? Yeah my left leg gets cramped and achey too. Bouts of nausea come and go. Its quite grand really. Pain medicine you ask? Oh yes, well when it wakes you up in the morning you clearly have an empty stomach. Pain medicine on an empty stomach = no bueno. Eat you say? Oh myyyyy you should just try to find an appetite when it feels like someone is ripping your lady parts out. JUST TRY.
Anyway, I've been doing this a long time. I have a routine. I woke up to the pain, immediately went to the bathroom where I got in a shower as hot as my skin could handle and let it pour over my aching sleepy body. When I finally removed myself I forced down a granola bar, and two glasses of water. Let it settle for a little bit. Then had to get in the shower again, it hurt too much. Removed myself relunctently, and decided to take some pills. I waited about a half an hour and couldn't wait any longer. So i got back in the shower and there i sat. Yes I sat. May I say I must have somehow had an instinct I would need to be able to sit in the shower this week because I just cleaned the shower this past weekend. So there i sat and found some relief and also boredom, so I shaved my legs. Yep, this monthly occurance may have ruined my other plans to be productive today. Pick up the house(its really not that bad thankfully), go to a couple of stores to get stuff for my Dad's father's day present, turn in an application, and go grocery shopping. But at least I got to shave. I sure as heck won't even think to dare step into my bathing suit for the next 4 days, or even consider shorts, but at least my legs will be so nicely shaven hidden beneath my pants. However I HAVE to go grocery shopping. We have nothing in this place right now, nothing. Which means I will have to gather myself within the next 2 hours to become somewhat presentable so that my husband and I can go to the comissary. Bleh. Double bleh.
He did say last night he could do it on his own, which he has never done. Dare I let him?

On to something completely random that came to me during one of my shower episodes this morning. I was thinking about pain, then thinking about praying and sorta of praying, and then one of my most loved 80's hits started playing in my head. "Livin' On A Prayer" by the very studly Jon bon Jovi. So I sang it for a bit. Thought about how lucky my mom was that she got to see them in concert, and then considered this. This man really has something with this song. The chorus has been working for him, for his life.
"Whoaaaaah, we're halfway there, livin on a prayer. Take my hand, we'll make it I swear, livin on a prayer."
I've been there, so many times. Just getting by, living on a prayer. And it's true, you can make it.
He has. In 1989 he married his high school sweetheart, Dorothea, and 20 years later they are still married with 4 kids. To be a rock star, SUPER FAMOUS rockstar at that, and to be married to the same woman for 20 years, is quite an accomplishment.

Everyone should have a listen to that song today, not only is it good lyrics, but you could get a good dance in. You'll feel better, promise.

Don't judge me, Im hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment